Re: [ST] Repair advices

I bought my ST wrecked in a very similar fashion.

And I happen to have the dealer pricing for the BRG parts brand new:

Left side faring  $415
Front Left faring / mirror mount / windshield mount  $245
Front center faring (centered between the headlights)  $165
Outer hard bag cover $260

Since I'm a complete tightass, I figured I would fill, and sand, and
paint them myself and attach new decals. (decals are $30-60 each BTW)

Finding the correct BRG however isn't as easy as it seems.  There are
LOTS of variations called BRG that don't match. I had my cousin fix up a
rashed speed Triple.  He does GREAT work, and charged me a super cheap
rate.  Still, by the time I got done with time and materials, I spent
over $500 repainting that bike. (cowl, tank, fender, flyscreen, tank
cover)

So I think I'm going to leave the tank and Cowl BRG, and paint the front
farings and hard bags BLACK!  Why?  Because it's real easy to paint, and
I happen to have a quart of Black. :)

But if you want a COMPLETE set of front BRG bodywork, I found one set.
The guy won't split it up, and wants 50% of list price for the set.  I
offered him $500, and he just smiled and said thanks anyway.

Carl Thompson, JTS motorcycles and parts, out of Calgary Alberta Canada
403-247-6818

If you buy it from him, I might buy your rashed up stuff....

Richard S.
01 ST
01 Speed 3
88 Hawk NT650