RE: [ST] Fuel Connector Recall Question

First, I'm not apologizing for Triumph.  This should have been dealt
with in a better manner.

The problem lies with having to acquire and dispense a large number
parts for a great many bikes.  If everyone who needs this fix were to
show up at the dealer's door on the same day, there is a mess.

So, Triumph's story (and they are sticking to it) is that they are
arranging for a no-hassel replacement procedure on the recalled bikes.
The dealers can't do anything beyond replacing with original parts
(Unless they spend their own dough.  Fat chance.) until the factory
acquires and releases the parts and tells them which bikes and what to
do/how to get reimbursed.

So if your connector breaks, you should have the dealer put the current
part in if in warranty, or if not, replace them yourself with the
cheapest parts you can find and then let Triumph put the metal
replacement parts in latter.  Certainly, don't be suckered into spending
$60-80.00 for "kits" that are marked up about 200-300%, which some
greedy dealers have been selling.  I understand some Ducati parts are
interchangeable, more durable and less expensive.

Last, the problem is not that rampant.  I've had 4 bikes with a total
mileage of over 150K, all on the recall list and no problems to date.
Generally, these parts break when mis-handled, although not always.  At
least not always admitted to.

There have been ZERO instances of bikes catching fire due to this
problem.

Why not drop Triumph a line to register your polite dissatisfaction with
the status of this recall?    As a matter of fact, why doesn't the whole
list do that?   This will get you to the customer service rep.

Peter.Carleo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remember, you can catch more flies with honey than battery acid.

Well, I and SWMBO are off to TN and thence to British in the Blue Ridge.
See you when we get back on the 9th.  Be well, ride well.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"One man that has a mind and knows it, can always beat ten men who
havent and dont." George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950. The Applecart, (1929),
Act I.