RE: [ST] Aluminium radiator repair

Hi,
I have a '99 ST and the radiator gave way last year at a humble 4,000
miles.  It came to light when the bike was in for repair after it has been
knocked over in the car park at work.  When the fairing was off it was
obvious it had been weeping for some time as there was some crusty dried
antifreeze over the engine.  The leak was from a similar place to yours.
 The replacement from Triumph also had a different leak in the middle of
the matrix, so in the end they welded the original which has been fine
since 4,000 miles later (yeah I know I need to get out more......)

I would definitely NOT recommend using egg whites.  When the coolant gets
hot the egg white will certainly set and plug any leaks, but could also
clog up any small gaps in the cooling system in the engine where it will be
very herd to remove.  You could easily be left with hot spots and potential
cracks in the cylinder head.

Just get the repaired tank pressure tested after welding and all should be
fine.

Cheers
John