Re: [ST] Least hot h20 proof pants/jacket

Masiak, Richard wrote:

> I saw these at Daytona Bike Week 2004.  I was impressed with the performance of the demo they had set up.  They don't have armor, however they are breathable.  So being worn over mesh armor gear would probably be feasable.  Just a thought, it's your choice.
>
> http://www.frogtoggs.com/

Yeah,rain wear sucks. Personally I have not had much luck with two piece
  suits. The jacket always seems to ride up.

If you want one piece, decent protection, a suit such as AeroStich will
probably do well. But, expect to spend more than $700 bucks.

Personally, Triumphs Chevron suit has worked well. Put it over my normal
gear, and life is warm and dry. Sadly, it would be cool if they made the
suit out of a breathable fabric, but, for riding I can't imagine a
better suit design.

And for me, there is n way that my leather or Joe Rocket jacket could
fit in the space that the chevron does in my pannier. If the rain suit
where to be padded, I doubt it would fit in you pannier.

I have an AeroStich, did not fit me overly well, and took up the entire
top box on my FJR.

Of course, once again, I can't imagine how someone can ride daily
without luggage. But that is just me :-)

cheers,
Tom