[ST] It's been a true eye opener

After sleeping on it, I have decided it best to remove myself from
Triumphnet. What I hoped was a forum for open dialog about the positive
and negative aspects of Triumph ownership, I have learned that it truly
isn't. Unfortunately, people like Bob a far too plentiful, while
members like Keith and Matt and myself get told that the problems must
be operator error.  And even if you have had a trouble free experience,
it makes the problematic one no less valid. I have been told by Bob
that I don't understand how to ride, that I don't understand that using
the spec oil isn't right, and he even not so subtly implies that anyone
with a problem is simply not qualified to ride the marque. He has
proclaimed himself however as a motorcycle God. While I believe that
Bobs comments have a right to be heard, his bullying stance I feel is
out of place. His views are intolerant of any non brand positive
comment. If Bob were alone in his reply, who would care? Truth is I
have been a member here for nearly a year and have read the bickering
over proper oil viscosity, which I see has jumped up again (BTW I use
Triumph spec, which did help, but is wrong in the world according to
Bob), and the endless tire talk, etc. Truthfully I found the problems
that people experienced to be something to fix in advance, saving a
good ride. My favorite posts are Mr. Duncans photo essays from his
rides, beautiful scenery, groups that include non Triumph owners as
well all enjoying riding, simple honest sporting pleasure.

Truly, some of my comments may have been out of line as well. I'm sure
that my discontent was fuel by my recent thermostat failure which a
friend says may also be diagnosed as an improper oil level. "This
conclusion can only be reached through complex analysis of the
hypothesis that, in relation to..." too much. I want to ride and not be
stranded by a bike that IS properly maintained. I also am unhappy about
the wait time on the new parts (2weeks now), and I live an hour from
the North American Triumph HQ in Georgia!

Thank you to those who supported my right to complain, and are smart
enough to understand the ability to improve the bike through
dissatisfaction.

Ride Safe,

Mark
99' ST (for sale)