RE: [ST] What does the...

> I have just finished a spark plug, filter and oil change and putting
> everything together I noticed that the pipe running to the fuel tank,
> called the fuel pump pressure hose (or similar) in the Haynes manual,
is
> really badly perished and has cracked in several places.  Obviously
it's
> not going to be pressurising anything!
>
> Does anyone know the function (apart from the obvious) of said hose,
and
> the ramifications of it being so damaged?

Andrew,
This post made no sense to me but I received my Haynes manual today and
now it does (page 4.4).

Are you talking about the hose that Haynes calls the Fuel pressure
regulator hose? If so my bike has never had a hose connected to this
outlet on the tank! Can you tell me where the other end of this hose
connects?

Also last time I put my tank back in I was not sure if the return hose
was supposed to be routed under the hump at the back of the tank or in
front of the hump. I routed it around the front of the hump. This
stopped it rubbing on the bottom of the hump, the frame and interfering
with the fuel gauge sender wires. However it makes things a bit tighter
where all the hoses cross by the flange. The Haynes manual shows it
going almost straight down which means it would go under the hump.
Rupert