Re: [ST] NO Problem: survey ( hijacked thread)

It will be intersting to see what Triumph is going to replace the
plastic connectors with. More plastic or metal? I think the problem is
not with the material they are made of but with the stress they can be
put under if you or the mechanic  don't pay attention to fuel line
routing when reinstalling the tank. I also agree with the person who
lubes his o-rings on reinstall. I did not follow this bit of sage advice
and nicked one of the o-rings during re-connect.
Al

David W. Funk wrote:

> Since there is a NTSB (what are those initials anyway?) recall, I thought that
> there could be no doubt that the fuel connecters were a problem. With a free
> fix.
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:57:14 -0500, Kevin T. McDonald wrote:
>

>>I would agree with Rod - this survey tends to indicate to people this survey
>>lends itself to:
>>'Don't worry about your fuel connectors'
>>Mine failed at 94 miles and covered me and the hot exhaust with fuel.
>>I was out in nowhere land and no auto parts place on the face of the planet
>>could have helped me.
>>Just spend the 100 bucks and upgrade the connectors...
>>How much is a set of tires, a new helmet, some flashy bike accessories?
>>Just my 0.02 cents.
>>km

End of st-digest V2004 #300