Re: [ST] Fuel Connector recall- more info

> From what I have read about the fuel line Q-D recall,
> Triumph is going to replace the Male Fittings only with
> "new" heavy duty plastic Q-D fittings made by Colder
> Products.

Not exactly.  In part, the recall reads as follows:

"The proposed recall condition part will be a modified male connector
including a radii of 0.5mm in the quick release groove, will not include
a dry-break mechanism and will be supplied in aluminium."

It troubles me that the recently-introduced production parts are a modified,
heavier duty delrin material *with* a dry-break mechanism and the recalled
parts are alumin[i]um *without* the dry-break mechanism [emphais mine].
Unless I'm mistaken, without the dry-break mechanism, every time they are
disconnected, the fuel rail will be depressurized, resulting in fuel
spillage :o|.  That being the case, I'll either keep my OE parts or spring
for the bronze ones as Howard has done.
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST