[ST] No problem 60,245 miles, Problem 60,246

When the topic of leaking disconnects came up two years ago I had about 34K
on the 2000 ST.  Come the end of the 2002 season and 57K no leaks, so I
figured I must not have a problem.

Memorial Day weekend 2003 I was competing in an endurance rally and started
the rally at about 59,400 miles.  No fuel leaks, no problems.  But Saturday
night at 6 pm I was in Hell,  figuratively as well as literally.  I was
coincidentally at the bonus location in Hell, Michigan when I noticed the
fuel leak.  Hmm, so that explains why my current tank of gas seemed to be
going short on mileage.  Fortunately I found an auto parts store open in
nearby Ann Arbor.  They didn't have anything to help but one of the
customers said he knew his hardware store had exactly what I needed to get
back on the road to finish the rally.  Both sets of disconnects were cracked
and leaking.

At 60,245 miles I had a warm fuzzy as I didn't have leaky disconnects.  At
60,246 I was more than warm and no longer fuzzy.

Not trying to rain on anyones warm fuzzy feeling of security in the
reliability of their disconnects.  But unless you inspect them for cracks
you can stay warm and fuzzy until that moment you realize they are leaking.

Doug