[ST] Isle of Man, MotoGP, Road America

This week-end was an awesome race week-end.  Road America was ok.  I feel bad for Jake Zemke.  Poor guy was riding his heart out for a victory, but just didn't get it :(  It will be interesting to see what the mechanical problem was.  They were thinking NO BRAKES!!!!  If so, that's a bummer when you have to go from 190 MPH to 50-60 for a turn.

Isle of Man was cool as always.  I luv watching that TT.  It's the best!  Too bad they don't do that here in the US.  I gonna have to save up for a trip to watch it live someday.

Now last but not least, #1 Rossi #1.  That was an incredible MotoGP in Italy.  Rossi pushed that R1 beyond what it is currently capable.  Talk about excitement.  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Then that rain red flag, the gamble on what tyre to use (rain or slick), then the 6 lap sprint restart.  Words can't describe it.  It must have been even more exciting being there in person, because you could hear the crowds.

I think that if there were a few more laps though, after that restart, Gibernau would have caught Rossi.  That Yamaha just doesn't have the power yet.  It is all rider.  IMO Rossi is the best in the world, hands down.

Bummer on that 190ish MPH high side, but at least he was conscience and didn't have serious (I guess life threatening) injuries.  After that tumble I'd be really surprised if he didn't brake anything, but at least he's alive.

And that's the quick race recap.

Rich