Re: [ST] fuel connector NO Problem: 12000+ miles

> sender recall in 2000/2001, but after hearing stories of people getting it
> swapped and still having problems I figured I wouldn't fix what ain't
broke.
> So far so good.  No leaks and the fuel gage has always worked well.  The
dealer
> even called me a couple times in early '01 saying I *have* to get it
fixed.
> Fix this, buddy.  (hope I haven't jinxed it now).

Dan,
I don't know where your info is coming from, but Triumph hasn't even sent
out a notification as far as I know.  Matter of fact they have been
complaining about not being ready, so whatever is being swapped sure isn't
by the recall.  Also, there have been cases where fittings have been
replaced by new, but exactly the same fittings.  Then there are metal
fittings.  I don't know of anyone complaining about them except for maybe
someone who tore an o-ring.  There have been lots of guys stating that there
dealers didn't even know about the recall and saying they have not been
notified so your dealer might have a time machine or something to get a jump
on everyone else.
Rod