RE: [ST] Something funny

<SNIP>

I recently witnessed something just like this.  The guy talking on the
phone was doing exactly the same thing, except when he needed to stop,
he just tucked the phone between his ear and his shoulder and kept
talking!

And we thought it was bad when SUV drivers are talking on cell phones!

Dan
<SNIP>

Awe.  See that's the trouble with people.  They do things the hard way.

What they need is a phone with a head set and voice recognition/dialing.  Then you just tuck it away somewhere.  That way you can still drive, shift, eat, whatever ;)  To answer a call just say "answer".  To dial a number, speak the numbers, etc.

The real problem is, the majority just don't know how to drive, period!  It should be mandatory that everyone pass MSF for motorcycles.  For cars/trucks some sort of "real" driving school needs to be enforced.  Something that teaches defensive and offencive skills.  Slides, braking techniques, evasive maneuvers, etc.  If you don't pass, you don't get the license.

Heck, when I was 16 we'd all goof off in an empty lot rain, snow, ice, dry. Slides, doughnuts, spins, forward, reverse, you name it.  Little did we know that our screwing around made us better drivers.

Commercial truck drivers must pass special schools.  Heavy equipment operators, too.  Yet they give anyone a standard driver license with a written test that a monkey can pass.  I don't get it?