[ST] Re: driven to distraction....

 >>> The real problem is, the majority just don't know how to drive,
period! <<<

    That IS a very real problem but the human voice is even more so.
Many accidents are caused by lack of skill but MOST are caused by
operator (I can't bring myself to use the term 'driver) distraction
and the cause of the distraction is the dreaded human voice.
American drivers are talking - and listening - themselves to death.
Obvious sources of distraction which have NO place in or on ANY motor
vehicle include radios, telephones, cd/tape players, televisions and
voices  of passengers.  These things critically impair focus and
concentration
    By far the biggest contribution we can make to safety, good
health and continued and life - our own as well as everybody elses -
is to SHUT THE PHUQUE UP!!!
                                 doggydoo   - - - o&\o