[ST] Visits to "Schotland"

Hi
The route described by the Dutch lister of his trip to the Black Forest was
interesting for me because I will be making the same trip from my home in
Aberdeen in NE Scotland in late August, via Nurburgring.
It also made me think about the fact that I know most of Scotland
(Schottland to some Europeans? Ecosse to others. Etc.) If anyone would like
advice on routes, daily distances etc I will be very happy to help. However
the opportunities for me to read the digests are limited to when I have time
at the home computer which is once a month or so since I work in Dublin!
(Our IT department at work is run by Uncle Joe Stalin's favourite
Grandnephew who is under the instruction of Maggie Thatcher's most hated
love child so fun time is definitely out.) Therefore it is better to contact
me direct with queries.
Anyway some gratuitous advice. The A82 northwards from Glasgow beside Loch
Lomond, over Rannoch Moor, through Glen Coe and up the Great Glen by the
side of Loch Ness is essential riding. Next is the A835 from Inverness to
Ullapool which is fast (very, very fast if you are so inclined), scenic and
great fun apart from the umarked police cars. Most week days it is empty.
Many of the main roads have slower scenic alternatives some of which are
just one sheep wider than a bike. Very few roads away from the central belt
and the Trossachs are busy although Sundays tend to be difficult everywhere
scenic. If you have never been to Scotland I suggest you give it a go.

David Pople