Re: [ST] dead batt/engine light

On 6/13/04 5:24 PM, "triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Today I went out to go for a ride and my battery was dead.  I had a new
> battery installed a month ago and have not had any problems in 1500
> miles.  I charged the battery and started the bike and now the engine
> light is on and stays on.  Anyone have a clue where to start?  I am
> absolutely helpless with electrical problems of about any nature.  The
> bike is an 00 RS and has 49500miles and have never had an issue until
> this point.  Any advice or knowledge on this problem is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tim Elliott
>

>    *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>     The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
>         http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info

Tim,

First about the engine light. You need to let the computer go thru 3
complete running cycles first to clear the light. A complete cycle is
starting the engine, riding till it warms and then allowing to completely
cool at shut down. After the 3rd cycle the light should go out.

As far as the dead battery goes, did you leave something on or do you have a
Triumph alarm installed and activated? The alarm has been know to drain
batteries in as little as a week.

- --
Justin
02 Triumph Sprint ST