[ST] for Colt - clutch cable

 >>> Isn't there some way to tell the cable is fraying and replace it
before it fails? <<<

    You have to look at it very closely, the cable is good enough
quality that the broken strands don't splay out away from the cable
far enough to be easily noticeable.  It's worth noting here that just
about all the broken RS/ST cables have been part of a large batch in
or around '00/'01 that were sourced from a supplier (if memory
serves, ... which it often doesn't) in Holland and the break occurred
right at the barrel where it slides into the lever.  As others have
mentioned, I've never broken another cable - or clutch actuating rod
- - since I started carrying a spare.     =8o)

                                    doggydoo   - - - o&\o