Re: Re: [ST] Re:Bob Nixon

> I'm also curious to know if there have been any more posts on what exactly
> happened, what the circumstances were, or any details as I've seen quite a
> few reports of deerstrikes and other than those that were killed, Bob's
> has got to be one of the most extensive lists of injuries I've ever
> seen - and there could be something to be learned that may save someone
> down the road if you know what I mean.

I did a search on Deja News (aka Google Groups) and found the threads on rec.motorcycles. From what I gathered, a deer basically hit him from the side, apparently running him into a rock cliff face (or something to that effect). He wasn't warping along either, approx 35 MPH. Scary amount of injury. He's in my thoughts as well...

Not sure what we can learn from it. Deer are large, unpredicable creatures and we're always at risk of one leaping into the road from out of nowhere with no time to stop, swerve, etc (even at conservative speeds). I see the dead carcasses on the PA Turnpike all the time and it scares me to ride that stretch of road at night when the deer are out and about. At least you can hope for an "eye flash" at night.

Garry