Re: [ST] Stupid Vermin Deer

I hear ya Rod, come on down to Texas, the freakin Deer capital of the world.
  I have literally seen more "deer eyes" on the side of the road, at night
in the Hill Country that stars in the sky, and it's a damned big sky in the
Hill Country.

Luckily, in all these years I ain't hit a deer, nor had one hit me, but I've
come damned close on more times than I can count.  Stupid fukin deer, I
hate'em!!  They are worse than a stupid squirrel, but much more dangerous,
squirrels, I just run over  :))

As far as my suggestion to "outrun" the deer, that was in jest, but what the
hell else ya gonna do?  Stop riding?  Not me.  And as for those that think
more lights is the answer?  Wrong.  Lights just seem to attract the vermin.
Loud pipes seem to make them skiddish and jump around, deer whistles are a
joke and may be counterproductive.  .44 mag's do seem to do the trick, but
you gotta be real handy, not something to attempt at speed.

happy trails y'all,

Steve
   Duncan
Dallas