Re: [ST] Gen-Mar issues

EJ,
The simple test for the brake line is to put the bike on its center stand
and have someone press down (or sit) on the rear of the seat to raise the
front wheel off the ground.  Then check the brake line for slack.  It should
be OK.  Worst case you may have to reroute the line so it runs directly to
the caliper rather than winding through the triple clamps.

As to the throttle cable, I'd be surprised if there were insufficient slack,
though rerouting will help.  I have a conversion to tubular bars on my bike
using Bandit 1200 bars with the stock throttle and clutch cables rerouted
and no problems for two years.
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST