Re: [ST] Oil Leak

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:20:03AM -0400, DCioce@xxxxxxx wrote:
> My '01 ST has developed a minor oil leak. I notice a small puddle
> under the right side that drips from the center stand above the
> exhaust after a ride. It does not seam to be coming from any vent
> lines in that area. Anyone know of the possible location of the leak?
> Doug

Mine would drip old chain lube from under the front sprocket housing.  I
took the cover off and found lots of built up grease.  When the engine
got hot enough, the sludge would liquefy and drip down, looking like an
oil leak.

Also, check all the oil pan and crankcase bolts and make sure they are
tight.

Laters,
Brian
- --