[ST] Need shop recommendation in Bay Area

I just tried calling my dealership/shop where I get my Triumph serviced (as
well as my KTM).  The phone number was disconnected.  I searched Google for
a new phone number and I found an article about them...  The shop was burned
to the ground a couple months ago!

Fire engulfs motorcycle dealership
Firefighter injured in blaze that destroys business on Mission Boulevard

By Ben Aguirre Jr., STAFF WRITER

HAYWARD -- One firefighter was injured Thursday night battling a blaze that
destroyed the contents of a motorcycle shop on Mission Boulevard.

Hayward Battalion Chief Craig Bueno said he did not know the extent of the
firefighter's injuries but said that he was taken to a local hospital and
that his injuries were not believed life-threatening.

Hayward fire personnel were called to the International Motorcycle Xchange
at 25392 Mission Blvd. at 7:53 p.m. for a commercial fire call.

Bueno said that when the first units arrived, they encountered "a fully
involved store front," so additional units were dispatched to the scene.

A total of 27 firefighters battled the blaze from the top and interior,
fighting fierce flames for almost 30 minutes until the flames were knocked
down.

Additional hot spots could be seen as they flared up during the next 90
minutes, but fire crews rushed to put them out immediately.

"The guys had a real aggressive interior attack," Bueno said.

To the rear of the motorcycle dealership, Bueno said there is an adjoining
living unit where the owners were thought to live.

The shop's owner, John Sullivan, said he and his wife were not home when the
fire started because they had decided to stay at a hotel Thursday evening
because of a fire in the shop earlier in the day. Sullivan said some
curtains had caught fire about 3 p.m. Thursday in the dealership's dressing
room. "We thought we put it out," he said, standing across the street from
the shop he had owned for about 12 years.

"We decided to stay in a hotel because it stank so bad."

Bueno said there were more than 24 motorcycles in the shop during the fire.

"The contents are completely destroyed," Bueno said, noting that most of the
building was preserved.

"This is an old building, heavy timber. We were concerned about the fuel,"
he said, alluding to the wooden structure and the gasoline in some of the
motorcycles.

But as inspectors began to do their initial interviews, Sullivan and his
family gathered across the street to look at the charred remains of his
motorcycle shop.

"Our lives just went up in smoke," Sullivan said. "We opened this brand-new
shop, and now we have an ashtray."

Traffic was halted in both directions of Mission Boulevard between Carlos
Bee Boulevard and Harder Road for about 21/2 hours as fire crews worked on
the blaze.

Bueno said no estimate of damages had been made and that inspectors are
still working to determine the cause of the fire.