[ST] Squishy brakes after getting re-shoed

Yesterday on the way home I had the mis-fortune to ride through a spread of
broken windshield, causing my rear tire to go flat.  Since the front was
pretty worn I had that replaced as well.

I picked up the bike today and the brakes feel much more squishy than then
used to, e.g. I have to apply more pressure to the brakes before feeling
them engage, and they don't bite like they used to.  I don't recall this
happening before when I've gotten new tires.  Is this common, or should I
take it back to have them adjust them?  FWIW, they said there is about 50%
left on both front/rear.

Thanks :)

Paul
'01 BRG ST