RE: [ST] First question!

Quoting Auger Pascal <pauger@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > Stephen and I have disagreed about this before on the Wales
> > and SW list.
> > I actually believe the ST's suspension is perfectly adequate for the
> > average rider on average roads doing the job it was designed
> > for - namely
> > a slightly sporty tourer.
>
> If I can add my 0.02, my ST has only 30000 km but suspension seems Ok for
> me. Sure we can enhance it but it's Ok for me like that.
>
> No need for me to spend money before it's necessary (until shock wears out).
> I ride on french roads where small bumpy sections alternate with good
> highway sections.

Expecially considering the cost of a new shock. My OEM shock has only done 4.5k
though.

> If I feel sometimes that the ST needs more attention than the Daytona on
> very high speed curves in reality ST is often more efficient than my Daytona
> and an RS even more thanks to less weight.
>
> my ride style goes from pretty clean boy attitude to sometimes harsh rider.

Same here. I ride with Aprillia RSV, Hayabusa, GSXR1000 and Blackbird most of
the time.

> Stock, I find ST has good suspension. Some have better ones. For road usage
> they are nearly perfect. far better than previous sport touring bikes I
> owned.

I must admit the ST has quite soft complient suspension. A real bonus when
trying to negotiate bumpy roads while making progress.

> Probably I'll change for a better set when it will be necessary and if I
> have money. But not before it's needed.

I bought an Ohlins shock second hand from this very list.  250GBP. For that
price it was to good to miss. However if I had to pay full price, then the
answer would be no.

Wher in France do you live?

- --
SimonB