Re: [ST] FW: 2004 Annual Ride to Work Day

In a previous email, Heyer, Matthew A. stated:
<snip>

Personally, I think that the Ride to Work Day is a bad joke. Why do we
need a day set aside for this? It's absurd that feel that one needs a
designated day to ride to work. Get your butt out there and ride
everyday that you can. If more people that claim to be motorcyclists
rode to work every day we could, instead, have a
Ride-to-the-Diner/7-11/Bar/DQ/Hooters-and-Pose Day. Hell, I ride into
New York City every day that there isn't ice or snow on the road. Since
we shut down for the summer I get more saddle time in during December
than July. I'll bet that people like my wimpy-assed brother-in-law will
ride to work that day. He rides a H-D only between April and October and
never more than 30 miles at a shot. Besides, for the fifth consecutive
year I will not be employed on that day. I'll be working on the house.
Should I sit on my steed in the garage and go "VROOOM, VROOOM?" Or
should I just ride the 1 mile to Krauzer's and hang with the rest of the
posers? "Dude, that chrome looks awesome!"

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it."
            -- George Bernard Shaw