RE:[ST] Strange behaviour.....

<<
Hi All,

My RS has a little problem. Recently, it seems to crank a little slower and
longer before starting. Yesterday, it would crank but not fire. The bike is
an 02 that I purchased new a few months ago. It is NOT the battery. The
battery is quite strong. Anyway, after fiddling with it awhile, I found that
if while attempting to start I open the throttle just a tad, it would crank
noticably faster and then fire. This makes me a bit gunshy to take a trip
this weekend, and the long term effects of so much cranking has to take its
toll on the battery.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

John Ulizzi

I've had simmilar issues.  The '99 I had did that too me once.  Dealer
reflashed the ECU, and it didn't do it again, but it did seem to turn over
longer to start.  The '02 started running very odd, ended up being a bad
throttle position sensor.  At a static seting the rheostat was sending
variable readings to the ECU.  The dealer tech should be able to check this
with the gameboy, he just needs to know what to look for.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen