[ST] 2004 Honda Hoot trip

Just wanted to let everyone know that my girlfriend and I went down with
our Sprint ST to this year's Honda Hoot in Knoxville, TN.

I tried something different this year.  I purchased a trailer.  It's
made by a company called Wellmax Industries and the product is called
"Trailer in a Bag".  I first read about it in Motorcycle Consumer News mag.
This trailer is composed of 5 main pieces and can be stored in a large
duffle bag when not in use which is great for me.  It is not the most
durable unit but it is a good basic trailer which did the job of getting
the Sprint from NJ to Knoxville.  See www.trailerinabag.com

I kept my Ford Escape to 65 mph during this trailering experience.  This
particular trailer has small 8" wheels so it seems to take bumps hard.  It
was nice to get a huge "thumbs up" from a Harley rider who meticulously
checked out the Sprint ST.

Unfortunately, there were a couple of "rainy" days in TN but we managed.  I
got the chance to ride with some friends and their bikes to a place called
Big South Fork National River and also got a chance to see Sgt. Alvin C. York
State Historical Site.  This ride was well worth the trip and took us on
Routes 162, 62, 27 and 52 among others.  There is even an old Historic
British colony called Rugby which is worth stopping at for a look. The roads
contained plenty of banked curves which let the bike really get a chance to
use all of their tread.

Trying to demo ride a Rocket III was tough and booked up fast.  I took
the opportunity to test ride a Daytona 955 which was an awesome 25 minute ride.

I've been to Americade once and the Honda Hoot twice now and recommend it
to all to try.  It was great that Triumph was there.  There are two Triumph
dealers in the Knoxville area and they also have two charter groups of RAT.
I hope to get to ride the Garlic Run which leaves from Rockaway Mall each
summer for NYC.  I didn't see any advertisements for it this year and am not
sure why.

Hope everyone finds some good rides and experiences this summer wherever
they are (hopefully they experience it on a Triumph too!!!).

Lawrence
2001 BRG Sprint ST
Flanders, NJ