Re: [ST] Tire Pressure on a Worn Rear

>From: "George Cope" <gcope@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Not really.  I 'm looking for a way to put more rubber on the road for two
>more weeks until a new one is installed.  I think the less pressure, the
>more the tire spreads out over the road.
>
>George Cope
>Roseville, CA
>'99 Sprint ST Midnight

While you may "flatten" the tire out on the road, it will be at the expense
of more heat generated and hence "faster" wear.  AND the area that is most
worn (the center), will still be directly in contact with the pavement, AND
at higher temps.  I doubt you would gain any additional mileage this way.
And in fact would be showing cord more quickly.

Steve Duncan
Tejas

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."     ~Dave
Barry