Re: [ST] Front Master Cylinder Upgrade

At 16:17 03/03/2004, you wrote:
>Looking for feedback on the SkyKing product as well as other, less
>expensive, options. I'm thinking of ordering the frame sliders and fender
>eliminator for my 02 RS and figured a brake upgrade would be good too as
>I'm not comfortable with the large amount of travel in the level before
>the front brake starts getting down to business...

Garry,

I don't want to raise the arguments about the damage that SkyKing's frame
sliders have done to others' machines, but in the vast majority of cases,
they appear to perform exactly as advertised. I too can verify this.

Before you go upgrading the brake master cylinder, take each caliper off,
remove the pads, clean out the "gunk" around the pistons in the caliper
with lots of brake cleaner, clean up the pads and reassemble. The Triumph
caliper seems very prone to getting gummed up with brake dust. Doing this a
couple of times a year should reinvigorate your brakes dramatically. If
you've never done this in the past and need more detailed instructions,
just yell. On the other hand, I don't want to tech granny to suck eggs.

Stephen (Spud) McS.
'02 BRG ST
Scotland.

End of st-digest V2004 #119