From: STeve Duncan [mailto:xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:40 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Front Master Cylinder Upgrade

>From: Stephen McSpadden <stephen.mcspadden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I don't want to raise the arguments about the damage that SkyKing's
>frame
>sliders have done to others' machines, but in the vast majority of cases,
>they appear to perform exactly as advertised. I too can verify this.

Spud, no ill will here, but this is EXACTLY how rumors get started.  NO ONE
I know has ever had problems with the SKYKING frame sliders.  There are
those that have suffered ill effects in a get off with the MOKU sliders.
Most notably Brian Duelm, where his frame broke when he high sided at a
lowly 15 mph or so.  OTOH, I lo-sided and then the bike HIGH-sided itself at

well over 60 mph and my SKYKING frame sliders worked as advertised.  Meaning

the delrin wore away and the aluminum shaft bent as designed under great
pressure, but protected my oil cooler and radiator from damage.  The result
was a bike that was still ridable although untimately a total due to other
damage.

I have another set of Skykings sliders on my current ST, and will always
have them.