RE: [ST] HP Restrictions?

Just my 'humble' opinion, but I would say your Honda dude is FOS, and trying
to make excuses for an outclassed liter bike (at least in the HP wars), the
new ZX-10 may be the horse to beat this year and I would hazard to guess it
is over the 150 hp mark.  Heck, Motorcyclist's "Hard Numbers" shows the
"Rear Wheel" HP on the Zook GSXR-1000 to be 152hp.  The new R-1 is 180hp
????  I seriously doubt this claim.  Maybe at the crank, on a really good
day, with a friendly tech doing the calculations :)))   All Mfg HP numbers
are 'at the crank' and are usually 10-15% higher than actual Rear Wheel
numbers.  One thing I do know, there is no "legal" restriction on HP on
bikes coming into the US.  There is a gentlemans agreement between the Mfg's
on limiting top speed to 186 mph.

On a side note.  Question to the masses:

How many of you have received, good, accurate information from any sales
type at a dealership? (esp. one of the big four, Japanese guys)
My experience is these guys don't know squat about bikes in general or even
the bikes they are selling.  HP? Torque?? Mileage???  Even fuel capacity,
they don't have a clue, unless they can find the info in the brochure, if
they can even find the brochure.  And when pressed, I find most of them
don't even freakin' RIDE a bike or have an MC license !!!!!  Unbelievable.

Another reason I prefer the Eurobike dealers, more informed staff and
usually someone who actually rides!!!

Steve Duncan
Tejas

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." ~Dave Barry