Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #123

On Mar 5, 2004, at 11:48 AM, David Sergeant wrote:
>         Geeze, that's news to me.  I always turn mine off with the
> kill switch.  Granted, I bought mine used so never had the benefit of
> a owner's manual.  That's how the MSF taught us, right?

Yep, but on our FI bikes, the ECU likes to record the settings of some
components before going to sleep.  If you hit the kill switch, the ECU
can't make those recordings.  It's not a huge deal, but using the key
instead of the kill switch has cleared up some mystery gremlins for
some folks.  Plus, it's what the factory recommends.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.
San Jose, CA  (USA)