Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #123

> My dealer stressed several times not to use the kill switch unless it's an
> emergency.  They said it doesn't cut off main power (so lights and the fan
> will still run), but it does shut down the computer and prevents it from
> storing data.
>
>   - Dave
>     03 ST

> That's how the MSF taught us, right?  Also, when the engine is hot,
> the fan will run even though I shut it off with the kill switch.
>
>          Dave 00 RS.

In my opinion, MSF is great.  My son won't touch his new bike until he goes
through that course.  "BUT" I definitely don't agree with everything they
teach.  At my location, the instructors were Gold Wing, Harley and metric
cruiser guys, not one had sport bike experience.   They were constantly on
my case for having two fingers on the front brake.  Lots of other small
things.  I just smiled and complied, then went right back to what I was
doing when I left the training lot.   GREAT course, just not perfect.
Rod