Re[2]: [ST] shutting down the ST

On Sunday, March 7, 2004, 3:38:11 AM, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Howard

> This has been stated numerous times on this list.  However, where is
> the evidence to support this?  I frequently use the kill-switch -
> invariably when I arrive home and have to temporarily park the bike
> on a steep slope with an awkward camber necessitating both feet
> firmly on the ground, bike in gear and holding it on the front brake,
> thus cannot get to ignition switch.  I have *never* had a problem
> restarting.

This issue/question has come up over and over again on this
list (almost as good as an oil thread :-).  Many years ago
(January 25, 2000, to be exact), when this list was actually
monitored by someone from Triumph, a Triumph official (Ross
Clifford) responded to the question at that time with the
following; I've saved it so I could post it when the
question comes up. I've copied his post in total; hopefully,
it will answer the questions of those who want to know the
details of why you should use the key instead of the kill
switch.

- -Keith