[ST] noisy fuel pump

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C40430.68DD6E60

I'm also one of those offenders who doesn't shut down the bike with the =
key. Until now I didn't give it much thought but it makes sense. I'm =
just wondering if it has anything to do with a noisy fuel pump at =
start-up. First thing in the morning I have a routine (actually I'm =
lucky here in SoCal and can ride daily), I usually warm up the bike (2-3 =
minutes while buttoning up, helmet, gloves...) OK here is the routine - =
turn the key on, select neutral, pull the clutch, switch kill switch off =
and then there it is - a honking nasal humm from the fuel pump (I assume =
it is the fuel pump since it is coming from the right side of the tank =
area) that lasts about ten seconds. Sounds almost like a pump that is =
priming (running without fuel). Funny thing is, it doesn't make that =
sound when the engine is warm. The ST is less than 2000 miles old and =
did it ever since I bought it new. 2001 model bought end of 2003. Any =
suggestions before I take her in for a check-up?

Zoltan
01 ST red
- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C40430.68DD6E60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm also one of those offenders who =
doesn't shut=20
down the bike with the key. Until now I didn't give it much thought but =
it makes=20
sense. I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with a noisy fuel =
pump at=20
start-up. First thing in the morning I have a routine (actually I'm =
lucky here=20
in SoCal and can ride daily), I usually warm up the bike (2-3 minutes =
while=20
buttoning up, helmet, gloves...) OK here is the routine - turn the key =
on,=20
select neutral, pull the clutch, switch kill switch off and then there =
it is - a=20
honking nasal humm from the fuel pump (I assume it is the fuel pump =
since it is=20
coming from the right side of the tank area) that lasts about ten =
seconds.=20
Sounds almost like a pump that is priming (running without fuel). Funny =
thing=20
is, it doesn't make that sound when the engine is warm. The ST is less =
than 2000=20
miles old and did it ever since I bought it new. 2001 model bought end =
of 2003.=20
Any suggestions before I take her in for a check-up?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Zoltan</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>01 ST red</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C40430.68DD6E60--