[ST] shutting down the ST

Woops,  I forgot part II:

I've always been amused by the "I have to use the kill switch, 'cause I'll fall down if I don't" kind of threads.  I've never used kill switches except in emergencies (always figgured that's why they were called the "emergecy kill switch") when I've dropped my bikes off road.
Stopping on a hill?  No problem.  Stop, shift to neutral, hold the FRONT brake while you turn the key off with your left hand.  If you really need to park in first (the only time I've ever done it is when I HAVE to park on a steep incline.  Like on the hills in San Fran) pull in the clutch and shift into first, if you're on a hill, you can let the brake off and roll back and the trans will slip right into first within 3".
Once again, My 2¢.  YMMV.

David
'99ST