Re: [ST] Frustrated with Shock Selection for Sprint RS....any ideas/advice?

Valid point Rod.

I guess I'm trying to sort through a couple of BS
issues here:

1) Do the Traxxions, Dan Kyle, Lindermann, GMD
Computracks of the world really add benefit to me and
my street-going (for the most part) bike?  I don't use
track-side support and the most support I'd need would
be over the phone to diagnose a general problem I
might have after riding the bike with the new shock,
any of these turners could help easily.  I doubt I
need custom valving from one of these guys and I've
called Penske myself and was told it's total BS that
any of these tuners work their magic on each shock
they get from Penske with their own special
stuff....they just order the shock with some weight
and riding style requirements from Penske, simple as
that not matter what these guys advertise.

2) Will I ever realize the differences between a Hagon
shock, WP, Ohlins, Penske?  Or will the fact that I'm
receiving a shock with the correct Spring rate and
decent compression and rebound dampening do me just
fine for my spirited street riding and track day or
two/year?

3) Rebuilds...some of these upper end shocks state 10k
rebuilds.  That'd be a rebuild for me every 1.5 years.
 Pain in the butt factor would be that I'd have to
pony up for it and two, ever other year my bike would
be out of commission while being rebuilt.  Also there
is the BS factor that would I ever notice/really need
this rebuild or is this just yet another $ maker?

4) I'd like remote preload adjustment for my frequent
two-up riding.  Is it worth it as I'm not riding quite
as aggressive two-up as I do solo to have a totally
tweaked suspension?

I'm just finding it hard to sort through the crap on
the Internet with everyone's biased opinions when they
probably never would notice a Hagon vs. a Penske on
the street(JMHO)and then these suspension shops advice
is biased towards their products also.  Can't fault
them, just diff. for a newbie in the suspension arena
like myself.

That combined with the fact that a lot of these
manufacturers don't make shocks for my RS and I'd need
a custom effort sucks every more eggs.

*humph* :p

/Rant

Thanks,