[ST] Since we haven't discussed tires recently...

Well the subject line was meant to get a chuckle...  But seriously, I needed
new tires and was looking into what to get.  After taking in everything that
I know, and everything that I have heard from different people, I was all
set to get the Avon 45/46's.  I was considering a set of the BT020's, as
well.  To note, I was coming from a B57 front (great mileage!!  but way to
hard....), and a BT010 rear (great performer, but was looking for a little
more mileage without giving up too much performance).  Anyway, again I was
all set to pick up the Avon 45/46's, and was calling around for availability
and pricing.  In so doing, one of the shop guys said to me that he had this
brand new tire, and could give it to me for a pretty good price.  It's the
Metzeler z6 Roadtec.  I found this link on it:
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires/metzeler_roadtec/
<http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires/metzeler_roadtec/> , although there is
still nothing about them on Metzeler's site.  But alas, they do exist - this
guy had two sets (well one set now, and I have one set...)  They sounded
good to me, so I gave them a whirl, especially as they were cheaper than
both the Bridgestone BT020's and the Avon 45/46's.  I don't have a "review"
of them at this point as I need to scrub them in and get some mileage on
them.  Hopefully the weather here in the DC area will comply with me to do
that in the next few weeks.  Just an FYI for all looking at buying tires -
maybe you might consider these.

Matt Heyer
'01 BRG Sprint ST