RE: [ST] California bikes

I don't recall a sticker under the gas tank (doesn't mean there isn't one)
and I can't find anything anywhere else except on the stock muffler, there
is a stamp on the underside of the exhaust can collector tube just aft of
the clamp from the exhaust pipe.  It's right where the center stand foot is
when the center stand is in the raised position.  This stamp certifies the
exhaust for the ST and claims to meet all federal emissions standards as of
the date of manufacture.  This what you are looking for?  It won't be on an
aftermarket exhaust can.

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.danwallander.com
Triumph Sprint ST :: BMW R90/6
TSRA-VP, ABC, IBA, AMA,HSTA

> I FINALLY got 7500 miles on my "Imported" ST last night, and headed to AAA
> for the registration game today. We were able to locate the VIN and engine
> serial number, but could not find any type of emissions stickers on the
> bike. Checked under the seat and everywhere that was visible. I have a
> feeling the stickers they were looking for may be under the tank??
>
> Well, I am legal here in CA now, until the DMV rejects the submission due
> not having the proper EPA sticker identification filled in.. UGH!
>
> If you find your sticker, let me know where to look; I have a feeling I
will
> be visiting AAA again in a month!
>
> Derek

End of st-digest V2004 #135