Re: [ST] Front Wheel Installation

- --=====================_8515125==_.ALT

Don't forget that you're gonna have the drag of the disk brakes when
spinning the wheel.  One thing I've always done when replacing the front
wheel is to move the bike around and work the forks a little before I cinch
everything down.   That way everything should be seated where it
belongs.  IMO YMMV.

George

At 09:59 AM 3/12/2004 , Alan Bretschneider wrote:
>This is a Sprint ST newbie question.
>Once you have the axle back in place and torque it to 61Nm, should the
>wheel spin freely?
>Mine takes effort to spin the wheel. I'm confident that my speedo drive is
>aligned correctly and I have the spacer seated right.
>I guess I was expecting the wheel to spin easily like a bicycle tire but
>remember, I'm new at this.
>
>Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this done so I can
>ride this weekend!
>
>Alan...

- --=====================_8515125==_.ALT

Don't forget that you're gonna have the drag of the disk brakes when
spinning the wheel.&nbsp; One thing I've always done when replacing the
front wheel is to move the bike around and work the forks a little before
I cinch everything down.&nbsp;&nbsp; That way everything should be seated
where it belongs.&nbsp; IMO YMMV.<br>
George<br>
At 09:59 AM 3/12/2004 , Alan Bretschneider wrote:<br>
newbie question. </font><br>
Once you have the axle back in place and torque it to 61Nm, should the
wheel spin freely?<br>
Mine takes effort to spin the wheel. I'm confident that my speedo drive
is aligned correctly and I have the spacer seated right.<br>
I guess I was expecting the wheel to spin easily like a bicycle tire but
remember, I'm new at this.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
want to get this done so I can ride this weekend!</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>