Re: [ST] Since we haven't discussed tires recently...

On Mar 12, 2004, at 9:21 AM, David W. Funk wrote:
> I have run two sets of Avon Asaros ST-45/46 on my Sprint ST. I think
> they
> worked very well. For me they lasted about the same as the Pilot Roads
> or
> MEZ4's.

For those that don't know, David's idea of an easy day's ride is 600
miles of twisties through the Northern California mountains.  Some time
back he posted a photo of one of his rear Michelin Pilot Roads; there
was no tread left on either edge of the tire, and very full tread
remaining on the center third.  And, no, he's not squidly in the
least--just very fast and talented.  He's a one-man tire test team for
our beloved bikes, so pay attention to his opinions!
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.
San Jose, CA  (USA)