Re: [ST] GPS?

I just picked up a Garmin 60C a week ago to use on my
dual-sport and ST bikes, as well as for general
purpose car and outdoors navigation. It fits the bill
as a good jack-of-all-trades unit with the latest
bells and whistles.

Memory would be an issue for long trips if you want to
have full detail on your entire route, but there is a
basemap to default to where you don't load mapsource
maps. Ideally it would have expandable memory but I
think 56MB is an adequate amount for 99% of what I'll
use it for.

I think the next step up in the new units that sounds
very, very interesting for a dedicated motorcycle unit
would be the 276C. However, it's larger making it less
suitable for hiking, etc, and of course, more
expensive (don't forget you'll need to add memory
cards to the price). The new GPSMap 76C could also be
a good all-purpose unit with 115MB.

If I was more patient, I may have waited to see what
they come up with to replace the GPS V.

Anyway, let me know if you want to know more about the
60C...I've got it mostly figured out now. I use
CitySelect and US Topo maps in it. I'm waiting for
Touratech-US/Cycoactive to get the new TT mounts for
it in, then I'll mount it up with one of those and a
RAM arm.

But the hot new set up (IMO) is the