[ST] GPS, mapping software, and badgers.

Dear Dawgs,

I am lost here, not knowing which way to turn.  Ever since I put on my
little tin foil hats, as suggested by another listener of Art Bell, I am
unable to recieve the signals from the muthah ship.  How will I ever find my
way?  Am I doomed to wander this forbidden planet until the end of time?  Is
there any cure for my spatial disorientation?

Does anybody care?  I don't.  I'll take off the tin hat, put on my helmet,
and ride.  If I need directions, I'll ask someone, assuming I forgot to stop
at my friendly AAA office and pick up a bushel of maps.  If I don't get a
job in the next week or so, I'll climb on my bike, point it out of town, and
ride.  Maybe I'll even stop in and visit some of y'all, if you'll have me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I just don't get it.  I like technology,
some of it is really useful, some of it is really cool (some is even both,
like out Trumpets!), but the whole GPS-electroassist mapping realm, it
leaves me cold.  On my likely upcoming trip, I may or may not consult my
maps frequently, but I don't feel the need to know exactly where on this big
blue marble I am, to within 1meter, 5 meters, or even 15 meters.  As long as
I can find the next fuel for my bod and bike, and a place for us to rest
(almost said "crash", but, well, y'all understand), then I'll be happy.

Of course, the above is subject to revision if I get practically lost too
many times on my Rideaboot, as opposed to theoretically lost.  The
difference?  When you're practically lost, you know where you're going, but
you don't know where you are and/or how to get to where you're going.
Theoretically lost?  You may not know where you are, or where you're going,
or how to get there, BUT IT DOESN' T MATTER.  I'm looking forward to being
theoretically lost for a few months.  :D  Most days, as long as I know what
state I'm in, and which one I'm heading towards, I'll be good and going...
(Wanna hit each and every of the Lower 48).

BikerDawg don't need no stinkin' GPS, he don't need no stinkin' mapping
software, and he definitely don't need no stinkin badgers.

Grace and peace.

p.s. You can resume talking about your neat gadgets and toys, the
neo-Luddite curmugeon interruption is complete.  :p