[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #143; Introduction

<<
My question to the Sprint list is about aftermarket seats. I looked at the
Corbin & Sargeant's at the local dealer (catalog) but wanted to query the
list on opinions of seats. BTW, I love the Sprint and she's been my favorite
owned bike of many. The new GSXR is fine for what it's intended but IMO, not
really a good all around bike like the Sprint ST or VFR.

Howdy Bob.  Glad to see another person getting good use out of their Sprint.
I had the OEM seat on my '99 redone by Sargent, in y2k, at about 18k miles.
Same shape, just atomic foam and recovered in Grip Tex.  Now, 65k+ miles,
and moving to an '02, later it's just starting to feel somewhat broken down.
I have no love for Corbin.  I come from a family involved in the motorcycle
industry, parents owned a Euro-bike dealership.  And even they have had bad
dealings with Corbin(bad customer service, bad workmanship, all mailorder
mind you).  I'd wholeheartedly suggest talking to Sargent.  If their off the
shelf unit doesn't appeal to you, have them redo your OEM seat.  I haven't
regretted the expense one bit.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen