RE: [ST] Not a tire thread!

<When I was leaving the Daytona paddock area after the races, there was a
guy negotiating to get a pair of Pirelli throw aways.>

i was in Ft Lauderdale last fall; we stopped in at some famous local pizza
joint for eats. parked outside was a tasty R1, so i lingered. the tires
were slicks, ragged-rubbered right out to the edge.

the owner and his GF were easy to spot. i asked what roads around Florida
let you ride like that. he answered - 'if you were a squid i'd make up
some story, but you're right, there are no places to do that around here;
those are Daytona take-offs, they're cheap and they look cool.'

bp