[ST] Pisgah Inn and the TSRA Rallye

OK, a little update.
First, I was one of the founding members of the TSRA and served the first
two years as VP along with President Weasel Dawg (Eric Sheely) and
Secretary Aqua Dawg (Lisa White).

Next, I know some have been complaining about the organization and
insurance requirement for a TSRA Rallye. One of the reasons the TSRA had
AMA membership and the Rallye was registered through them with insurance
coverage was for the Pisgah Inn/BRP Rallye. The inn is in the state park
and we could not meet as a group without insurance coverage. You had to get
park police permission first for any group. The numbers were high for that
Rallye and we were told it would be difficult to hold another (similar
number) Rallye in the park again. We dominated the rooms in the Inn and for
some reason that wasn't seen as fair to the rest of the population? Maybe
the fear of a crash was among their decision process. There are a lot of
older folks that come to the Inn for dinner and any loud noise is against
what they want. The police listen to them more than us. The insurance not
only protects us and the Rallye coordinator but the hotel/headquarters.

In addition, there was a crash on Friday of our Rallye. The rider was only
bruised but it took almost half a day to get a wrecker and pull his bike
back up the mountain onto the parkway. All the time with the park police
overseeing. Again Saturday afternoon there was another crash by one of our
riders. That one was recovered by pickup but had to be reported to the park
police.

Did I party in the parking lot? Yes. Was I loud? No.

The park police were friendly but I think they were influenced by non bike
riders in their decision process. Sound familiar.

In short, I loved the Pisgah Inn and the area and would like to go back.
The ride on the Little Switzerland loop was fantastic. Although the boat
sticking out of the tree really got your attention! If anyone wants to try
and organize it I'll be there in a heart beat. Just be sure you do it
through all the "proper" registrations or we'll be harassed like bees on
honey by the park police and I'll bet their radar guns will be set at .5
MPH over the limit.

Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"