RE: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #149

Well Bob, as the fellow from Albuquerque, I have to say that my part of the
country does have some mighty fine roads, if encumbered by ridiculously low
speed limits, and I ride them as much as I can.  But Rallys offer me an
excuse to ride to someplace new and ride someone else's favorite roads.
Beyond that, there's the meeting part, as in I get to put faces to many of
the people on this list and I really enjoy that part.  It's all well and
fine to say, just come along and we'll show you what we've been talking
about, but a planned rally makes it easier to get away for some reason.

As far as packing up on the rides, I've noticed that at our past rallys,
most of the time, the riders tend to break up into smaller groups rather
than following the Harley pack mentality. (This is not an invitation for a
Harley bashing thread...)

I've had my tires flat spotted by the best roads that Illinois, North and
South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, eastern Wyoming and Montana can throw at
me, but I wouldn't take back any of those miles.

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.danwallander.com
Triumph Sprint ST :: BMW R90/6
TSRA-VP, ABC, IBA, AMA,HSTA

> BTW, wasn't it the fellow from Albuquerque who wanted to ride far East
when
> he lives in God's country (only a stones throw from the Devil's HWY
> 191/180/77 loop)? Not to mention sparsely populated Colorado and his own
> state.
>
> There....flame away, my fellow Eastern/ Deep South & mid Western
> Sprinters -:)
> Please take it as a friendly (WvsE) rib poke, not a personal insult.

End of st-digest V2004 #150