[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #149

>Not to start an West vs East row but why would anyone West of the Rockies
>want to ride all that distance to the "relative" flatland; higher population
>density, extreme humidity
>(bugs) of any place East of Denver or middle New Mexico?

Well a couple of years ago when I rode out to the western rallye in
Colorado, the whole time our pack was buzzing through Nevada and
Utah, I kept thinking to my self, "I left the roads of Northern
California for this?". I'd still go to another rallye for the
socializing, but I'm pretty damned spoiled when it comes to roads.

Avenue of the Giants, Hwy. 36, The lost coast loop, Hwy 299, Hwy 3
and more backroads than I can even list are all in my backyard. Most
are like Hwy 36 where you can ride for two hours and maybe have to
pass a few cars. (Unless it's hunting season, then it resembles
something from the Bay Area). Police presence is almost zip. The
downside? We don't have a Triumph dealer anymore. Should have had the
rallye here 2 years ago.
- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned