RE: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #149

Well gee, Bob, you have managed to insult, ridicule, or deride almost
everything this baja oklahoman holds dear.  Way to go, good job :)))  You
have my deep respect  <bfg>

While I tend to agree with you on the traffic issues in the BRP area, the RV
conga lines are a major frustration, I think you have a misguided opinion of
the Dragon.  I have spent days on the dragon, basically all to myself, on
two different occasions.  The trick is to go during the week, and stay away
on weekends.  A couple of years back I spent two days and nights a the
Crossroads of Time, moto-motel and was the ONLY person there tues/wed.).  I
rode the Dragon back and forth all day and rarely had another motorcycle for
company, or much of any other traffic for that matter.  It was PURE bliss. I
must have ridden it at least 15 times in the two days.  That sucker will
take a lot out of you riding it back to back.

But there is one other area that you fail to mention.  And that is the great
moto heaven that is northern Arkansas.  From I-40 north, and from the
Oklahoma state line east, to 2/3 across the state is some of the BEST
motorcycle riding in these here United States.  Light to zero traffic on the
backroads, perfectly cambered twisty windy roads and the cops just aren't
around.  I find the area to be darn near perfect.  And there are so many
roads, you almost never have to ride the same one twice.  But you will want
to because they are so dang much fun. I have been riding up there for over
25 years, probably 100,000 miles on those roads, and still never tire of
them.  Heck, I will probably go back up this weekend.

Oh, yeah, and we also have a little area down around San Antone, it's called
the Hill Country, check it out too.  You might find that all of Texas need
not be avoided  :)))

Steve Duncan
Dallas
Tejas