Re: [ST] cruise control

Matt,

I went the O-Ring route as well.  I doubt you'll have much luck at a general
hardware store, at least that's what I found.  I ended up going to a local
distributor/wholesaler of hydraulic fittings and tried a bunch till I found
one I liked.  Mine are black, but I've seen other riders with coloured
versions.  The cross-sectional thickness is 1/4", but the critical dimension
is the inside diameter.  I just measured mine and it is 1.28" (32.53 mm) as
best I can measure with my caliper, and for me, that results in ideal
tension when rolled into the gap between grip and bar-end.  They work great,
but I thought $2 each was a bit of a rip, although admittedly I only bought
2.  I carry one on each bar-end (in the indent) for a matched set (and a
spare).

The Throttlemeister is definetely the cat's meow, but I just can't justify
the expense, or stand the thought of buggering one up in a tipover.   It's
just as well I couldn't find a Vista Cruiser to fit cause I hated the look.
I also have a Throttle Boss, which is similar to the Throttle Rocker, but it
is a wrap-around strap made of neoprene.  It's great for touring on the open
road, but I wouldn't use it when riding the twisties.  They do tend to get
in the way.

Neil

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:40:38 +1100
> From: "Hitman \(Melb\)" <da_hitman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] cruise control
>
> Hi all,
> I'm hoping someone can possibly help me out. I want to fit a throttle lock
> to my 04 sprint ST. Dont want the throttlemeister due to the expense.
Vista