RE: [ST] Intro/question

<<
Hello,

I tried sending a message once, but don't know if it went through.  I'm
new to the list and own an 00 RS, 42,000 miles and several older
bikes60's and early 70's.  Recently parts have started to go south on
the bike  and the Triumph replacement costs are killing me.  My question
is does anyone have cross reference parts for bits that are not
exclusively Triumph.  For example, I need a front rotor Triumph
replacement cost for one rotor is 287.00!!!  Also is there a place in
the US that does used parts.

Thanks in advance,

T Elliott

Howdy, and welcome.  Nice to see another higher mileage Sprint checking in
here.

Aftermarket is about the only way I can point you, I don't personally know
of any Yamaha/Suzuki/etc parts that interchange.  The EBC rotors are a good
deal, as have been state.  I'd like to point out that alot of Speed Triple
and Daytona parts are interchangeable.  The brake rotors and wheels are one
of them.  So if your not finding Sprint specific parts, expand your search
to include these other models.  I recently went looking for some new rotors
for my spare/trackday front wheel.  This is what I came up with.  This is by
no means, an all inclusive list:

- -EBC
L MD 647LS
R MD 647RS

accwhse.com
ls & rs closeout  $187.95 each

pr-lite at Dennis Kirk(195240) left $204.99

- -Braking
Wave p/n STX29D(all T5 Triumph models)

Kneedraggers.com
#12-Braking-55  $290(a piece, for Daytona)non-wave

- -Ferodo

- -Galfer
Kneedraggers.com
#12-GALF-57C   $499(could be a pair as there isn't a L & R)
Parts411.com
#412-653-LP   $511.63(could be a pair as there isn't a L & R)

LockhartPhillips $250 a pair
*dunlopad recommended

- -Brembo
ema-usa.com
rotor kit(rotors & matched street pads)$299

Beringer(iron)
Jack Lilley
319.99 british a side
Buying direct from Beringer